|Number of Servings||30|
|Serving Size||9 g|
|Servings per Pack||30 Servings|
|Country of Origin||US|
ON (Optimum Nutrition) Essential Amino Energy, 0.6 lb 30 Servings Orange
For more than 30 years, ON has set the Gold Standard for sports nutrition, helping performance-oriented athletes achieve their goals. Optimum Nutrition is a leading sports nutrition company that offers a wide variety of supplements. ON procurement specialists carefully select the finest raw materials. ON’s meticulous ingredient selection, quality control, laboratory testing and manufacturing processes are all designed to provide you with the highest quality sports nutrition products.
The ON Amino Energy Powder mix is a pre-, mid-and post-workout supplement that promotes energy and alertness. This fruit-flavoured energy powder contains BCAAs, amino acids, green tea and green coffee extracts to promote faster muscle recovery and improve focus. Green coffee and green tea extracts in this energy powder contain 100mg of caffeine per serving. It can be consumed as a pre-workout energy booster, or as an afternoon pick-me-up.
Key Ingredients of ON (Optimum Nutrition) Essential Amino Energy
- Amino Blend
- Micronized Taurine.
- Micronized L-Glutamine.
- Micronized L-Arginine.
- Micronized L-Leucine.
- Beta-Alanine (as CarnoSyn.).
- micronized L-citrulline,
- micronized L-isoleucine
- micronized L-valine
- micronized L-tyrosine
- micronized L-histidine
- micronized L-lysine Hcl
- micronized L-phenylalanine
- micronized L-threonine
- micronized L-methionine
- Acidity regulators (330, 296, 334),
- Anti-caking agents (551, 552)
- sweetener (955)
- caffeine (from tea and/or coffee beans)
- green tea leaf extract,
- colour (102,110, 129),
- soy lecithin,
- green coffee bean extract
Key benefitso of ON (Optimum Nutrition) Essential Amino Energy
Beyond simply assisting with strength gain during a workout, ON Essential Amino energy has several other benefits. It is essential when you are actively training or trying to build muscles for smoother transitions. The following are some of the many benefits of optimum nutrition amino energy:
- Boosts muscle growth: ON Essential Amino Energy is a blend of three essential amino acids, namely Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine in a ratio of 8:1:1. These amino acids are extremely important for good muscle growth and a good muscular frame. In addition, it helps to enhance protein synthesis in the body, which facilitates quick recovery and good muscle building
- Boosts muscle recovery: Glutamate is an amino acid supplement that provides better muscle strength and recovery. The nitrogen in it also produces vasodilation in the nerves. In ON Essential amino Energy supplements, L-glutamine is found to promote quick growth of muscles and quick recovery of skeletal muscles.
- Helps in weight loss: If you consume optimum nutrition Essential amino energy supplements, keep you fuller for longer. Studies have shown that amino acid supplements help with fat loss and keep lean muscles while you’re on a diet or trying to reduce your appetite.
- Reduces soreness and fatigue: Supplements like ON Essential amino energy-containing amino acids contain salt and potassium, which are powerful electrolytes. It makes the body stay active for longer after a hard workout by preventing the onset of fatigue.
- Helps in blood flow: On Essential Amino Energy provides a generous dose of L-Citrulline, a powerful vasodilator and stimulator. The increase in blood flow to the muscles allows nutrients to be transported effectively and efficiently to the muscles.
- No added sugar: You don’t have to worry about your body’s overall sugar content because ON Essential Amino Energy supplements contain no added sugar.
How to use of ON (Optimum Nutrition) Essential Amino Energy
In 350 ml of chilled water, add 2-6 level scoop of ON amino energy and shake well for 15-30 seconds until blended. Ideally, you should consume one drink after working out and another during your workout. To achieve the best results, take 20-30 minutes before training and at least four hours after the pre-workout dose.
Safety information of ON (Optimum Nutrition) Essential Amino Energy
- Do not exceed the daily recommended dosage of ON amino energy. It is recommended to not take more than 10 scoops per day. Consult your nutritionist or dietician if you need to increase the amount.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Read the label carefully behind your optimum nutrition amino energy before using the product.
- Make sure to store it in a cool place and close the packet tightly to prevent moisture from getting in.
- Make sure you check the expiration date on your ON amino energy before opening the package.
- Use the amino energy pre-workout within the stipulated time.
Why to choose?
- ON Essential Amino energy hydrates and supports anti-catabolic performance during exercise.
- Each serving of ON Amino energy has 50mg of caffeine, 10 calories and 0 sugar.
- The ON Amino energy works as an energy-boosting supplement drink that can be used pre -, mid or post-workout.
- The ON Amino energy workout drink helps promote endurance and quick muscle recovery.
- The ON Amino energy contains BCAAs, amino acids, green tea and coffee.
- The orange flavour makes ON Amino energy both a tasty and healthy supplement.
What are BCAAs?
BCAAs are the essential amino acids that are leucine, isoleucine and valine, comprising about 30-44% muscle protein in the body. They are extremely vital for the body as the body doesn’t make them on its own and hence it requires an outside source like Food or workout supplements to cope up for the deficient amino acids in the body. Leucine, Iso-leucine & Valine play a crucial role in muscle protein synthesis and recovery. They also help balance muscle glycogen stores, which minimizes and ensures minimal protein breakdown during a workout. BCAA supplements are a sure shot way to boost your workout performance.
Why is an additional BCAA supplement required? Doesn’t protein provide enough BCAAs?
Amino Acids play a vital role in the body, rigorous workout sessions, heavy training or a power-packed gym session leads to depletion of amino acids in the body, and therefore, filling up the void for lost amino acids requires an additional food source or a BCAA Supplement. BCAA supplements get easily absorbed by the muscles and work as an ultimate workout fuel, thereby decreasing muscle breakdown during training. Supplement your protein shake with BCAAs and preserve your glycogen store- for energy production and buildup.
How is BCAAs in ratio 8:1:1 better than 2:1:1?
If you are confused with the different ratios of amino acids and its effects, let’s have a clear understanding of which is better. Among the essential BCAAs i.e., Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine, Leucine is one of the most vital and essential amino acids responsible for better muscle protein synthesis. Looking at the current market trends, BCAA supplements found in the 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine are more common. However, BCAA in the ratio 8:1:1 are far superior and more effective than the former. Due to the higher content of Leucine, the overall workout and training session is more advanced and worth your time and energy. Leucine is one of the major activators of mTOR. mTOR is like a molecular switch that turns on the machinery that manufactures muscle proteins.
BCAA Supplements: An Ultimate Workout Fuel
BCAA Supplement is an ultimate intra-workout fuel with Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine in the ratio 8:1:1 respectively. The most common ratio of BCAA supplements having these 3 essential amino acids is 2:1:1 with 2 parts of Leucine over 1 part each for the other two BCAAs. Leucine is a game-changer amino acid that activates the complex muscle building pathways when the body undergoes a heavy-duty workout or any strenuous workout session. BCAA supplements help in good lean muscle building and instant recovery of muscles.
Benefits Of Consuming BCAA Supplements:
Increased Muscle Growth
Most of the BCAA supplements in the market contain a common ratio of 2:1:1 for Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine. But it is always advised to opt for BCAA Supplements containing these three amino acids in a ratio of 8:1:1 respectively. These essential amino acids are extremely vital for increased muscle growth and good muscular frame. It enhances the synthesis of protein in the body, and therefore, facilitates faster recovery and good muscle buildup.
Better Muscle Recovery
BCAA Supplements have Glutamine which is commonly found as over 61% of amino acid in the skeletal muscles which helps in better muscle recovery and strength. It also contains 19% nitrogen for vasodilation of nerves. L- Glutamine present in the BCAA supplements help in faster muscle growth and recovery of skeletal muscles which undergo rigorous wear and tear during a workout.
Promotes Fat Loss
Taking up BCAA supplements help you keep fuller and curb your appetite. Study shows BCAA supplements promote fat loss in women. It also preserves your lean muscles while you are dieting and keeps you satiated for long.
Reduces Fatigue & Normalises Soreness
BCAA supplements have both sodium and potassium as potent electrolytes. If consumed during workouts, these electrolytes prevent the onset of fatigue. It keeps the body hydrated for long even after a long and strenuous workout session.
Higher Leucine Content
BCAA supplements are effective because of their higher leucine content – approx 5.6g of leucine per serving with a ratio of 8:1:1 of Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine respectively. Leucine speeds up the muscle recovery process and helps in good muscle growth.
Every serving of BCAA supplement comes loaded with L-Citrulline which facilitates vasodilation and pump. It also helps in effective and efficient transportation of nutrients to the muscles by increased blood flow to the muscles.
No added Sugar
All BCAA supplements come with no added sugar so you just don’t have to worry about the overall sugar content in the body. All you can do is gulp down only what is good.
When to Consume
Highly trained athletes, fitness enthusiasts, gym goers or any individual who is training hard is recommended to consume BCAA supplement during the workout. It is ideal for both pre and post-workout regime. It will keep you all fuelled up and charged ensuring a power-packed performance in the gym. BCAA Supplements are essentially more important for vegetarians and vegans. Most people get enough of it when consuming an animal diet but for all those on a plant-based diet might be deficient.
Directions to Use
It is advised to mix around 5-6 grams of BCAA supplement in your protein shake and consume it during your workout session in order to get the best results. It can be mixed in both water and skimmed milk.
Top Food Sources that contain BCAA’s :
- Poultry and Meat
- Beans and Lentils
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Fish etc.
Safety and Side Effects of Consuming BCAA Supplements :
Consuming a BCAA supplement has no side effects and is proven to be extremely safe. A daily dosage of 13-15 grams per day is ideal. For all those suffering from LAS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease are not recommended to consume BCAA supplements. Consult your doctor for proper dosage and prescription before consuming it on a regular basis.
Let’s see who needs how much of BCAA?
Although taking up BCAA supplements completely depends on your fitness goals and needs of the body.
For women: A minimum of 9 grams of BCAA per day is recommended for women.
For Men: A minimum of 12-13 grams of BCAA per day is recommended for men.